In the original MotorStorm, the Phoenix is the third ATV in the line up, and is the first to be unlocked through Festival progression.
In Pacific Rift, the Phoenix is unlocked by progressing through the Festival.
The Phoenix takes inspiration from many Japanese racing ATVs, but it is largely based on the Yamaha YFM 660R "Raptor" . You can clearly see it takes many design cues from the front fascia, such as the split-tiered grill.
- Tyler uses this ATV on Skyline: "Mile High Club", where it is dropped onto the track by a helicopter .
- The Phoenix is the signature ATV of the MotorStorm series, appearing all the main console titles.
- The Phoenix, Wasabi Wildcat MX, Wulff Enduro, Mohawk Indiana and the Wombat Typhoon are the only vehicles to have appeared in every title, excluding MotorStorm: Arctic Edge, although the Typhoon and Indiana appeared in Arctic Edge (this excludes DLC as the Patriot Surger, Mojave Slugger and Voodoo Iguana appeared as DLC for Apocalypse, which makes them technically appear in all console titles too).
- The Phoenix is featured in the artwork for the "ATV" Festival Card (#108).
- In Pacific Rift, Henry T. Pops (burgundy/blue livery) and Leethal Docherty (green livery) are AI Characters seen riding this vehicle.