The Wasabi Eagle is an ATV that appears in MotorStorm: Pacific Rift and returns in MotorStorm: Apocalypse. It is more race-oriented in its appearance than other ATVs, having a unique independent rear suspension system and unique wheels.
Pacific Rift press kit descriptionEdit
- Manufacturer: Wasabi International
- Production: 2008 to date (300 to be produced - 8 race specific)
- Chassis: Aluminium tubular chassis space frame
- Engine Type: 700cc liquid cooled w/fan, 4-stroke, SOHC, 4 valves
- Power output: 105bhp
- Transmission: 5-speed w/ reverse; wet multiple clutch
- Wheelbase: 1301mm (51.2in)
- Length: 1961mm (77.2in)
- Width: 1216mm (47.in)
- Height: 1142mm (44.9in)
- Curb weight: 223kg (490Lbs)
- Top Speed: 102mph
- 0-60: 3.9 seconds
- 0-100: 7.1 seconds
- Designer: J Wie Tse
- Engineers: Andrew Bolt, Neil Massam, David Griffiths, Ben Curtis, Chris Gage, Simon Gibson
- The Wasabi Eagle was originally designed for military use a quick attack vehicle for the world’s special forces. It proved so popular with the troops who used the ATV, some asked permission for it to be entered into competitive races. Wasabi International heard about the success of the Eagle and promptly made eight race specific vehicles for them to be used in the new season of the MotorStorm rally. While much of the original design was kept, certain parts needed to be made much lighter and the original “top secret” stealth body was replaced by carbon fibre look-alikes. The Wasabi Eagle is an aggressive looking vehicle and only the most aggressive riders will get the most out of it, perfect for MotorStorm!
- The Eagle bears a resemblance to the Suzuki LTZ 450.
- No playable characters use the Eagle during the Apocalypse Festival, although Muerte uses one during one of his Festival events.
- This ATV is unique in the fact that it has an independent double wishbone rear suspension, as opposed to the other ATVs' solid axle layout.
- One of the customisation options for this ATV is 'suspension', which changes the rear differential. This is the only vehicle in MotorStorm: Apocalypse to have this customisation option.
- One of the customisation options in Apocalypse replaces the Eagle's standard rear wheel guards with spikes, giving it a slightly more aggressive appearance.
- The final rear mudguards to be unlocked in Apocalypse have a matte black finish that cannot be changed.