The Voodoo Mastodon is a Monster Truck featured in MotorStorm: Pacific Rift, and returns in MotorStorm: Apocalypse as the initially available Monster Truck.
The Mastodon is modelled after various classic monster trucks, notably the original Bigfoot - which itself was originally a factory-made truck that was later modified to monstrous proportions.
- Big Dog drives this vehicle on the track Terminus: "Coach Party" during his events of the Festival. Muerte can be seen driving this vehicle in Wreckreation, as well.
- In Apocalypse, the Mastodon is (rather ironically) the only Monster Truck that actually looks like a truck. The other three Monsters (including the DLC Falfer Tombstone) are based off of cars.
- The Mastodon is one of the few monster trucks in MotorStorm to have the engine mounted at the front of the vehicle.
- In Pacific Rift, the name is spelt "Mastadon", however in Apocalypse & RC, it is correctly spelled Mastodon.
- It also appears as a remote-control monster truck in MotorStorm RC.
- The Mastodon appears on both versions of the cover of its debut game.
- The Mastodon shares some features with the Patriot Bushwacker.
- The Voodoo Mastodon has appeared in an E3 trailer of MotorStorm: Pacific Rift. It is shown emerging from a shortcut and sawing through a bike as it makes a sharp corner, which nearly causes a rollover before recovering, running over a Wombat Typhoon in the process. It is then seen bursting through the rubble in front of an unfortunate biker.
- The Mastodon appears in two Pacific Rift background cinematics; firstly, as it jumps over some Festival-goers before tearing down the beach and dropping a woman astride a Mohawk Roadhog from its loadbed, and secondly towing a variety of wrecked vehicles down a narrow, rocky gorge into the Island's junkyard.
- In both Pacific Rift and Apocalypse, it is seen being carried by a helicopter in the game's intro videos.
- In Pacific Rift, this vehicle is unlocked at Rank 5.
- One of the Mastodon's liveries in Pacific Rift is shared with the Wombat Beachmaster.
- A rather humorous error can be noticed in Apocalypse for the Mastodon, in which whenever the player activates the brakes, alongside the tail-lights lighting up, the left head-light lights up as well.
- In Pacific Rift, Cerridwen (camo "army" livery), Candy Buzzbomb (red "Indestri" livery) and Reverend Black (red/blue livery) are AI Characters seen driving this vehicle.
- In Pacific Rift, the Mastodon shares it's "Accelereighty" livery with the Wombat Beachmaster.