To act as a safe retreat, this rehabilitation facility was built on one of the many small islands off of the coast of the city. Surrounded by sheer cliffs and thick woods, no 'guest' has ever escaped and made it to the mainland - a record soon to be lost as MotorStorm built a race right though the cell block.
- Festival Card description
The Rock is a DLC track for MotorStorm: Apocalypse, evidenced by its collectible card found in the Festival. It is believed to be set on an island similar to Alcatraz. It has been released on June 22, 2011 as part of the Afterparty game update. It is described as having classic off-road terrain racing. The segments that drive through the prison itself are reminiscent of Sugar Rush.
- "Jailhouse Rock" - The daytime, forward version. Players begin on the deck of The Carrier, where they drive off and onto the island, racing through buildings, on beaches, and up and down various slopes.
- "Lunatics Unite" - The nightime, reversed version. This race is full of eye-stimulating scenery. From glowing hot-air balloons, to fireworks, helicopters, a burning bus being sent skyward, a full-blown party, a driver jumping out of a falling car and even two AI-driven supercars tandem drifting on a figure-8 course.
- This is one of only two tracks in the MotorStorm series to directly incorporate The Carrier, as the starting line for "Jailhouse Rock" is on board. The other is "Mash's Epilogue", also called "Exodus", which is a point-to-point race against time with The Carrier as the finish line.
- A Wulff DT566M and Ozutsu Blacksun J-GT can be seen tandem-drifting on a figure-of-eight course on the sidelines of the track. These two supercars boost continually, and despite what is seen in MotorStorm games, they do not explode from overboosting and neither of these vehicles have visible drivers.
- There is a large metal bird on top the finish line; this bird has also appeared on the DLC track Eagle's Nest from the original MotorStorm.
- If the player manoeuvres the photo camera so that it points directly upwards at the sky during the "Lunatics Unite" race, the player would notice that there is a large portion of the sky completely void of stars.
- "The Rock" is a common nickname for the infamous real-life island prison Alcatraz.
- This is probably where there lunatic asylum inmates came from before they started Lunar-Tec.
- Notice the bus looks like an Atlas Arizona.
- Before the jump half of the cross over, there is a big ramp which has Lucky jumping out of Dynamo's Racing Truck.
- At the mini Festival, and other ones on different Tracks, on some signs, there is a snake which is the same snake as on the Side Winder Gulch track.
When a player chooses a time trial race on "Jailhouse Rock", the Carrier-based starting line will not be used. It can be seen from the shore but cannot be interacted with.