Perks are a new feature in MotorStorm: Apocalypse. They allow players to augment certain capabilities in online gameplay, depending on their playing style. They are divided into three categories, listed below.
- "Burn Rubber" - Increased grip
- "Swift Return" - Halves the time to reset to track after wrecking
- "Sunday Driver" - Improved brakes (Unlocked at Rank 3)
- "Flight Control" - Improved in-air control (Unlocked at Rank 9)
- "Hot Rod" - Increased acceleration (Unlocked at Rank 15)
- "Part Fish" - Reduced water drag (Unlocked at Rank 18)
- "Aerodynamic" - Higher top speed (Unlocked at Rank 28)
- "Critical" - Stay longer in critical boost before exploding
- "Up and Away" - Holding Accelerate still gains in-air boost cooling, at reduced rate
- "Asbestos" - Reduced effect of fire on engine (Unlocked at Rank 5)
- "Chilled" - Faster boost cooldown (Unlocked at Rank 8)
- "Aquatic" - Improved water cooling (Unlocked at Rank 23)
- "Shoot the Breeze" - Improved in-air cooling (Unlocked at Rank 25)
- "Slow Burn" - Takes longer to reach critical boost (Unlocked at Rank 30)
- "Parting Gift" - Creates a shockwave after wrecking
- "Cheap Shot" - Rams use less boost
- "Heavy Weight" - Improved rams (Unlocked at Rank 7)
- "Armour" - Take more damage before wrecking (Unlocked at Rank 11)
- "Immovable" - Reduced effect of opponent rams (Unlocked at Rank 12)
- "Critical Strike" - Performing a ram while in critical boost costs no boost (Unlocked at Rank 21)
- "Explosive" - Increased shockwave range for overboost explosion (Unlocked at Rank 22)
- Players can create and save multiple perk loadouts, up to 5.
- Certain perk icons use vehicles that resemble a Toyota Supra or an Aston Martin.