The Patriot V8 is a Rally Car first appearing in the original MotorStorm (in the Devil's Weekend DLC) and returns in Pacific Rift. This muscle car-based machine is only one of the many Patriot vehicles in MotorStorm.
This fashionable car is partially based around a 1973 Ford Falcon. It also slightly resembles a Plymouth Barracuda, especially in the front end and tail lights. Unlike its sibling Surger, the V8 features side-mounted exhaust pipes.
- In Apocalypse, this vehicle's legacy lives on in the Patriot V8 XR, which itself is a muscle car.
- In MotorStorm: Arctic Edge, this vehicle can be seen in menu-screen cinematics (along with the Voodoo Anaconda), despite the fact that it is not featured in-game.
- The V8, unlike other rally cars tends to drive onto, not under lighter vehicles, which sometimes makes it crash much easier.
- The V8 appears in MotorStorm RC, with its class changed from a Rally Car to a Muscle Car.
- If one looks closely at the base of the supercharger's blower, two large carburetors are visible underneath, suggesting it has a dual four-barrel carburetor setup. This type of setup was popular with high performance muscle car engines in the late 1960's, such as the second generation Chrysler Hemi, and was an option on the 1967-1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28.
- In Pacific Rift, the V8 features blank license plates.
- This is one of very few vehicles in Pacific Rift that doesn't carry any liveries over from MotorStorm.
- In an early trailer for Pacific Rift, and in many of the Background Cinematics, this vehicle is seen with it's Yellow and Black striped livery from Motorstorm (albeit with some added red graffiti on the sides). However, as mentioned above, it doesn't appear in the final game.
- The V8 has appeared in MotorStorm: Apocalypse concept art, however it never made it to the final game.
- In the original MotorStorm, the top and bottom tail lights were the brake lights. However in Pacific Rift, the top two tail lights are the brake lights instead.
- In the original MotorStorm, the V8 shares it's orange "Hot-Dog" livery with the Lunar-Tec Buffalo.
- In Pacific Rift, Travis Ryan (purple "Flame" livery) and Willy Pecker (orange livery) are AI Characters seen driving this vehicle.