The Patriot Thunderchief is one of the many Big Rigs unlockable in MotorStorm and MotorStorm: Pacific Rift. It is a Big Rig that has been modified for racing, having a rear-mounted spoiler and race suspension.
- The Thunderchief takes its name from the supersonic fighter-bomber of the same name.
- The Thunderchief is also a standard PlayStation Network Avatar.
- This vehicle is also available in the RC Pro-Am Expansion Pack for MotorStorm RC.
- This truck somewhat resembles the Atlas Bobtail.
- In a crash, the front grille of the Thunderchief can be crushed back and up, blocking the hood-camera.
- On the outside route of the first corner in the track Dark Fire Swamp, there is a wrecked Thunderchief in the 'Quickfoot' livery, a livery obtained via DLC in Monument Valley.
- In Pacific Rift, the Thunderchief is one of the very few vehicles to not carry over any liveries from the original MotorStorm.