The Monarch Claymore is a Mud Plugger in the MotorStorm series. Until the release of MotorStorm RC, this vehicle only appeared in MotorStorm: Pacific Rift.
It highly resembles the Bowler Nemesis (a succesful Dakar racer), but with minor changes, such as the tail lights, possibly to avoid copyright infringement.
Pacific Rift press kit descriptionEdit
- Manufacturer: Monarch
- Production: 2007 to date - custom built to order
- Construction: Steel space frame, composite body panels
- Engine Type: 6.0 L naturally aspirated alloy V8
- Power output: 378bhp
- Layout: Longitudinal front-mid engine, 4 wheel drive
- Transmission: 5-speed gearbox, computer controlled differentials
- Wheelbase: 2800mm (110.2in)
- Length: 4532mm (178.4in)
- Width: 2240mm (88.2in)
- Height: 2038mm (80.2in)
- Curb weight: 1809kg (3980Lbs)
- Top Speed: 121mph, limited by gearing
- 0-60mph: 5.5 seconds
- 0-100mph: 8.5 seconds
- Class: Mud Plugger - Endurance Rally
- Designer: Andrew Bolt
- Engineers: David Griffiths, Neil Massam, Ben Curtis, Jen Wie Tse, Chris Gage, Simon Gibson
- British company Monarch is renowned across the world for its pioneering civilian off-road vehicles. Their success began in 1952 with the Monarch Bulldog, a basic yet rugged 4x4 with legendary off-road abilities. The Bulldog is still produced to this day in an updated form. In 1972 Monarch again made a pioneering move with its larger and more luxurious Claymore model. The concept caught on and nowadays it seems every manufacturer offers a large luxury SUV. Despite these imitators, Monarch still retains the crown when it comes to off-road performance – something the company is keen to prove with this latest off-road endurance racer based on the Claymore.
- The vehicle is named after a kind of landmine, which itself is named after a type of giant sword.
- The actual Bowler Nemesis is sponsored by MotorStorm: Pacific Rift.
- The Claymore appears as a remote-control Racing Truck in MotorStorm RC, even though the full-scale vehicle is classed as a Mud Plugger.
- Several pieces of concept art for MotorStorm: Apocalypse feature the Claymore, despite its absence from the game.
- It is one of the default Mud Pluggers in Pacific Rift, alongside the Atlas Varjack.
- Hannibal Rush (yellow "indestri" livery), Cerridwen (orange/grey livery) and Jeff Lawless (graphite/yellow "SFG" livery) are the AI Characters seen driving this vehicle.
- It is also interesting to note that these same 3 characters all drive Beelzebuggy Spaceframe II's aswell.