In Pacific Rift, the Wendigo is one of the default available vehicle choices.
In RC, it is featured in the Elite Off-Road Pack.
Like some other vehicles in the series (the Atlas Varjack - which the Wendigo bears a strong resemblance to - and the Patriot Compadre) the Wendigo is based on a full-size van, in this case mounted on the underpinnings of a Monster Truck.
The Wendigo also may be inspired by the real life Rollin' Thunder Monster Truck from the 1980s.
- All versions of the vehicle have the middle section being completely open; the van body is not fully "closed".
- A Wendigo is a mythical, malevolent spirit said to possess people and induce cannibalism.
- The Wendigo could be viewed up close in the PlayStation Home version of The Carrier. Sadly, that model cannot be driven.
- Like the Voodoo Mastadon, the Wendigo appeared in the E3 trailer of Pacific Rift, where it is shown making a sharp turn, nearly knocking a Lunar-Tec Weevil off of the road before smashing through a wooden tower, which collapses onto the track.
- The body of the Wendigo is essentially the same as the Atlas Varjack, albeit with a longer middle section.
- Drew Baird (grey "caution" livery) and Hannibal Rush (blue "Hoffman" livery) are AI Characters seen driving this vehicle.
- It is one of the default Monster Trucks in Pacific Rift, the other being the Lunar-Tec Sasquatch.