The Lunar-Tec Weevil is one of the more popular Rally Cars appearing in MotorStorm: Pacific Rift. You will unlock the Weevil by reaching Rank 8 in the Festival. It is one of the taller Rally Cars and is not a prime choice if you wish to speed through low-hanging obstacles. However, its short length and compact size make it less vulnerable to the larger classes.
The Weevil is easily recognizable as a Citroën 2CV-based Rally Car.
- This car is featured in many pieces of concept art for MotorStorm: Apocalypse, though it is not in the game itself.
- The Weevil, along with the Italia Gagliano and the Patriot Blackfoot are the only cars that has a different engine sound from the other rally cars in the MotorStorm series.
- Applying the Weevil's DLC livery makes it have the same engine sound as the other rally cars.
- This is the first and the only MotorStorm vehicle with a right-handed steering wheel.
- The Weevil takes its name from the curculionoidea superfamily of beetles.
- The Weevil also appears in the RC Carnival Expansion Pack for MotorStorm RC, but its vehicle class has been changed from Rally Car to SuperMini.
- This the only vehicle used by the AI character Lando in Pacific Rift.
- This Rally Car appears in the Pacific Rift E3 trailer, having sideswiped a Jester BXS before racing side-by-side with it. It appears again, nearly getting knocked over by a Lunar-Tec Wendigo Monster Truck, before losing control and crashing into a wooden tower which then collapses on top of the Weevil.