The Lunar-Tec Asylum is a Mud Plugger in MotorStorm and MotorStorm: Pacific Rift. Like others in its class, it has an outer tube-frame chassis, although this vehicle is bigger than some others of similar construction.
- The Asylum appears as a standard PlayStation Network avatar.
- The name is a play on the words "Lunatic Asylum".
- Like the Mojave Slugger and the Jester BXL, the Asylum is based on a stripped-down SUV chassis, the body replaced with a race-spec rollcage.
- The strapped-on rear tire can become unhinged and thus be subject to Pacific Rift's physics.
- The Asylum is the lowest Mud Plugger, this means that routes typically not open to other Mud Pluggers can be taken by the Asylum.
- It is one of the very few vehicles in the original MotorStorm in which every livery has a male driver (even the pink one).