"Kill The Buggy" is an unofficial game mode in the MotorStorm series. It is most frequently played online, but can also be enjoyed offline in multiplayer split-screen.
The game works like this:
- One or two players will race as a Buggy.
- Other players will use a variety of usually much larger vehicles (such as Big Rigs or Monster Trucks).
- The larger vehicles will hunt down the Buggy, with the aim of wrecking it by any means; be it a boost explosion, crushing them against a tree or rock, or simply running them over in a Monster Truck.
- If the Buggy survives all laps, they win. Commonly, the laps are set low so the buggy has a higher chance of winning.
- Because of this game mode, online players rarely ever select buggies as vehicles. In most cases, unsuspecting new online players will select a Buggy, immediately finding themselves in an unofficial round of Kill The Buggy as other players intentionally attempt to wreck the player.