The Italia Areto is a Superbike in MotorStorm: Apocalypse. Its Carbon version can only be unlocked by those who preordered the Carbon Pack through various stores. The non-Carbon version is included in the Premier Pack, which was included with every new copy of MotorStorm: Apocalypse in North America. The Premier Pack is now also available from the PlayStation Store.
- The Areto resembles the Ducati Hypermotard. Ducati is Italian, exactly like Italia, but only produces motorcycles.
- Although the Areto's default livery doesn't appear anywhere in the list of usable liveries, it can still be transferred to other vehicles by utilizing the Vehicle Packages feature of Customization.
- Unlike most other vehicles, the Carbon Edition Areto cannot be customized. On the other hand, its Premier Pack variant can be customized through its wheels, vinyls & livery, Personalization, and stickers.
- The Areto is one of very few vehicles in the entire series to have its name imposed on itself, the others being the Ozutsu Blacksun J-GT and the Wombat Darkwood.
- "Areto" is Basque for (somewhat suprisingly) "room", however it is unlikely this was the meaning intended by the game's producers.