- PlayStation Store description
The Atlas Governor is a Big Rig first appearing in the Rascal & Governor downloadable content pack in MotorStorm, and subsequently on-disc in MotorStorm: Pacific Rift. It uses a cab-over-axle design (a design used by some American manufacturers, but more common in Europe).
- The name of this vehicle may be a homage to an actor who is also a former Governor of California, who starred in Terminator 2: Judgement Day. The first chase scene in the movie has the villanous T-1000 drive a truck very similar to this one in pursuit of the teenaged John Connor, who is on his motorcycle.
- In Pacific Rift, the rear bumper of the Governor's yellow livery reads Reptiles on a Rig, a reference to the movie Snakes on a Plane. It is even written in the same font.
- In Pacific Rift, Governors driven by the AI can use the liveries that were only available to players in Monument Valley, which are now unusable for players for unexplained reasons.
- When this vehicle crashes, the unused rear wheels can be removed, giving it a four-wheeler appearance.
- This vehicle is also included in MotorStorm RC as a remote-control big rig.
- This Big Rig bears a slight resemblance to the cab of Optimus Prime from the original series of The Transformers in the 1980s, although there is no livery that looks like him.
- The truck resembles the Freightliner Argosy from 2008 and older