- PlayStation Store description
The Atlas Governor is a Big Rig first appearing in the Rascal & Governor downloadable content pack in MotorStorm, and subsequently on-disc in MotorStorm: Pacific Rift. It uses a cab-over-axle design (a design used by some American manufacturers, but more common in Europe).
- The name of this vehicle may be a homage to an actor who is also a former Governor of California, who starred in Terminator 2: Judgement Day. The first chase scene in the movie has the villanous T-1000 drive a truck very similar to this one in pursuit of the teenaged John Connor, who is on his motorcycle.
- In Pacific Rift, the rear bumper of the Governor's yellow livery reads Reptiles on a Rig, a reference to the movie Snakes on a Plane. It is even written in the same font.
- In Pacific Rift, Governors driven by the AI can use the liveries that were only available to players in Monument Valley, which are now unusable for players for unexplained reasons. This effectively makes them the only "AI-only" liveries in Pacific Rift.
- When this vehicle crashes, the unused rear wheels can be removed, giving it a four-wheeler appearance.
- This vehicle is also included in MotorStorm RC as a remote-control big rig.
- This Big Rig bears a slight resemblance to the cab of Optimus Prime from the original series of The Transformers in the 1980s, although there is no livery that looks like him.
- The truck somewhat resembles the Freightliner Argosy.
- Like all other DLC vehicles from MotorStorm, it is one of the few vehicles in Pacific Rift that doesn't carry any liveries over from the original game (except for the AI Characters).
- In Pacific Rift, Alfred Beit (beige "Skulls" livery), Jackson Stone (blue/olive "Star" livery) and Cerridwen (black/orange "Canyon" livery) are the AI Characters seen driving this vehicle.